"I Am The Only Governor In Nigeria Who Governed For Eight Years Without Owning A House" — Aregbesola


 

By Abel Chigozie 


Former Osun State Governor and current National Secretary of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, has claimed that he is the only governor in Nigeria to have served two consecutive terms in office without owning a personal house.


Aregbesola made the statement on Wednesday while addressing members of the Otito-Inun Multipurpose Cooperative Society of Nigeria during its general meeting in Osogbo, the Osun State capital.



According to him, throughout his eight-year tenure as governor, he lived in a friend's apartment in his hometown of Ilesa rather than in a house he owned.


"I am the only governor in Nigeria who governed for eight years without owning a house. I lived in my friend's apartment in my father's town, Ilesa, throughout my eight years in office. I challenge anyone who disagrees with me to come forward with evidence," he said.


The former Minister of Interior challenged anyone disputing his claim to present evidence to the contrary.


Aregbesola attended the event alongside the African Democratic Congress (ADC) governorship candidate in Osun State, Rt. Hon. Dr. Najeem Folasayo Salaam, his running mate, Hon. Temitope Yemisi Agiri, and other leaders of the party.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tinubu Orders EFCC to Lift Freeze on Osun Government Accounts Ahead of Governorship Election

Accord Shocks APC, Wins Omisore’s Polling Unit in Osun Governorship Election

Imesi-Ile Youth Leader Celebrates Six New Lawyers, Commends IPA for Honouring Outstanding Achievers