I Didn't Go to School, But I Know More Than Graduates — MC Oluomo


 

By Abdulahi Musa 


The National President of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Musiliu Akinsanya, popularly known as MC Oluomo, has said that despite lacking formal education, he possesses more practical knowledge and understanding than many university graduates.


MC Oluomo made the remarks during the 50th birthday celebration of Islamic singer Hafsat Adegoke and the unveiling of her new album in Alausa, Lagos.


Reflecting on his journey from a teenage bus conductor to the leader of Nigeria's largest transport union, he attributed his success to hard work, determination and practical experience.


According to him, he began earning money at the age of 13 after working as a bus conductor and used part of his earnings to support his mother.


"I didn't go to school, but the knowledge and understanding I have are greater than those of many people with university degrees. I learnt the transport business, mastered it and rose through the ranks to become who I am today," he said. 


MC Oluomo also stressed that although he did not receive formal education, he ensured his children had access to quality education.


He disclosed that his children have become professionals, including a doctor, a lawyer and an engineer, and are based in the United States.


"If I am uneducated, glory be to God. Today, my children are a doctor, a lawyer and an engineer. May God not allow our children to die young," he added. 


The NURTW leader further urged fathers to take responsibility for their families, saying any man who neglects his wife and children is failing in his duty.


He lamented that many women have become the primary providers in their homes because some men have abandoned their responsibilities, while criticizing fathers who prioritize children outside their marriages over their immediate families. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tinubu Orders EFCC to Lift Freeze on Osun Government Accounts Ahead of Governorship Election

Accord Shocks APC, Wins Omisore’s Polling Unit in Osun Governorship Election

Imesi-Ile Youth Leader Celebrates Six New Lawyers, Commends IPA for Honouring Outstanding Achievers